See the points raised in the Board meeting of National Khadi & Village Industries board on 6th April , 2018. I requested that we need ;
- White paper be made on ‘all aspects’ of institutional supplies done e.g. ONGC , Railways , Postal department etc.
- We must move to ‘asset light models’ like franchisees rather than setting up investment intensive Khadi Plazas
- Productivity of Charkha and looms needs to be focused rather than buying them more and more
- Out of a total of 455854 artisans only 193598 are having Aadhar linked bank accounts
There are complaints of ghost artisans in the system and this needs immediate attention
- No schemes are there to add more artisans ( as per the note sent by KVIC dated 28. 02.2018), and so , the growth plans presented are unrealistic and would fail and this has been raised recently by Tamil Nadu Sarvodaya Sangh as well four days back – 2nd April , 2018
- Meeting in Ahmedabad in January 2018 brought up the issue of the serious shortage of raw material , and this has to be addressed for ensuring that growth is achieved. Else, it will lead to ‘Fake Khadi’ products being sold .
- As per the data made available on 22 Feb, 2018, Bhopal DSO was showing a profit of Rs.3.88 lac in 2014-15 and the loss was Rs.88000.00 in 2015-16, and now shows a marginal profit of Rs. 5000.00 . Goa has increased losses from 5.84 lac in 2014-15 to 11.03 lac in 2015-16 and Rs.12.23 lac in 2016-17 . When it is a major tourist destination and should have had the best profit margins in the country . This shows that about 30 % of the DSOs ( Khadi Bhawan’s , which are under the direct control of KVIC ) are almost in loss . This was raised by me in the letter dated 02nd April , 2017 point no 39 were specific to the issue of Bhopal and Goa.
- We need a Governance and Compliance audit from either of the big four firms on the terms of reference defined by the Commission
You can open the document in the weblink below 🙂
Read the RTI document first ;
A & B ) Points to note, that 42.46 % of the artisans of KVIC are not Aadhaar Linked . Despite court orders and the orders for making cashless payments to Artisans , KVIC continued to make cash payments
Also, in absence of the Aadhar linked bank accounts , we don’t know how many artisans are genuine and how many are Ghost artisans ? I tweeted the same to the PMO on 25th September , 2017
Now , most of the people know why i am feared and avoided at KVIC by the corrupt and the inefficient. As a sitting member of the Commission , i took the hard decision to tweet the PM / PMO . How many can do it in Modi Government !!!
C) When in January 2018 Commission meeting i asked the Chairman / Commission ; do we have the record of how many artisans died in the past three years . There were blank faces all around and i was told, we don’t know how many people have died in the past three years . My next question was ; then how are we making payments ( including cash payments ) and to whom ? Now , people should know why a false complaint was filed against me ?
D) Lastly , KVIC has been making tall claims of creating lakhs of jobs , but this RTI shows that neither lakhs of jobs were created nor there were any plans till Feb 28th, 2018 to add more artisans, but plans were under formulation . This is precisely the reason that i am not being sent any minutes or invited for meetings post Feb, 2018. I am not going to accept fudged data or false statements, and lastly , i don’t get bullied with name dropping from people. I hope, i have put the facts with proof.