See the points raised in the Board meeting of National Khadi & Village Industries board on 6th April , 2018. I requested that we need ;
- White paper be made on ‘all aspects’ of institutional supplies done e.g. ONGC , Railways , Postal department etc.
- We must move to ‘asset light models’ like franchisees rather than setting up investment intensive Khadi Plazas
- Productivity of Charkha and looms needs to be focused rather than buying them more and more
- Out of a total of 455854 artisans only 193598 are having Aadhar linked bank accounts
There are complaints of ghost artisans in the system and this needs immediate attention
- No schemes are there to add more artisans ( as per the note sent by KVIC dated 28. 02.2018), and so , the growth plans presented are unrealistic and would fail and this has been raised recently by Tamil Nadu Sarvodaya Sangh as well four days back – 2nd April , 2018
- Meeting in Ahmedabad in January 2018 brought up the issue of the serious shortage of raw material , and this has to be addressed for ensuring that growth is achieved. Else, it will lead to ‘Fake Khadi’ products being sold .
- As per the data made available on 22 Feb, 2018, Bhopal DSO was showing a profit of Rs.3.88 lac in 2014-15 and the loss was Rs.88000.00 in 2015-16, and now shows a marginal profit of Rs. 5000.00 . Goa has increased losses from 5.84 lac in 2014-15 to 11.03 lac in 2015-16 and Rs.12.23 lac in 2016-17 . When it is a major tourist destination and should have had the best profit margins in the country . This shows that about 30 % of the DSOs ( Khadi Bhawan’s , which are under the direct control of KVIC ) are almost in loss . This was raised by me in the letter dated 02nd April , 2017 point no 39 were specific to the issue of Bhopal and Goa.
- We need a Governance and Compliance audit from either of the big four firms on the terms of reference defined by the Commission
You can open the document in the weblink below 🙂